For many, gardening is not just a hobby but also select it as a career option. Every work requires a certain skill, passion and determination. Those who love trees, plants and flowers, want to feel them, design them, maintain them or construct them; certainly gardening would be the right thing to do. Needless to say, this profession involves a lot of creativity and patience.
Information and skills required
It is mainly an outdoor work. But, when we utter ‘LANDSCAPE GARDENING’, it demands entirely a wide variety of task performed by a landscape gardener. The main role for a landscape gardener is to design, install and maintain gardens and landscaped areas, also to renovate the existing gardens. Detail knowledge regarding the landscape, plants and trees, their limitations, soil type and structure is required for the role to accomplish the task. The gardener should have the full idea about the climatic changes and conditions as vegetation are highly dependent on this for their growth. Knowledge and skills relating designs, remodelling of gardens and their construction in blocks and irrigation system are also essential. Expertise in planning, supervising, on-going maintenance and development of the project is a key attribute of a landscaping gardener. They should be able to bring a life and innovation in the structure of garden.
• Offer a complete range of services from basic gardening to maintenance, projecting and construction.
• preparing plans, drawings, specifications and quotations for the client
• Planting, grass and hedge cutting, tree pruning and shaping
• Caring and maintaining lawns
• Garden and landscape designing
• Installing rock gardens, fountains and ponds
• Construction of garden walls, fences and irrigation systems
• Construction of paths and walkways with paving materials, gravel and natural stones
• Prepare and install customise woodwork for unique garden appearance
• Also, offer general maintenance like clearing of land, water surface or leaves
Beautiful Gardens and landscaped areas enhance the quality of life by providing space for relaxation and recreation to all the ages of people. Open spaces in the midst of dense urban environments give people a chance to come and take a fresh breath.
It has a better scope to work more as cities now want big and open spaces where landscape gardening is ideal than to stand a mall or complex. The gardener will need to meet clients and discuss projects where he has to provide his advice and also give a brief about his mastery in that field. They get projects on private and public gardens, corporate sector, parks, public open spaces and other landscape areas. Their payment depends on their innovative skills and working pattern. An educational certificate adds an extra benefit to fetch good work. A skilful hand of a gardener is behind every beautiful garden.